Saturday, March 15, 2008

Debbie's baby, Korbyn Davis Foster!






Here is a picture of Debbie's beautiful bundle of joy...Korbyn! This little guy was way to excited about making his entrance that he is 2 1/2 months early! Debbie went into labor at 26 weeks and was hospitalized for a week while they tried desperately to get her labor to stop completely, they gave her shots of steroids to help the baby's lungs develop, and pumped Debbie up with a drug to help stop the contractions! After a week of doing everything they could Korbyn surprised us all...including the doctors and made his entrance into the world around 10PM on Thursday March 13! He is so TINY weighing in at 2 lbs. 7 oz. the good news is he came out crying which means he's got a good set of pipes on him. The doctors are all optimistic, and say he is doing really well!

Debbie and Jeremy are awesome parents...Debbie is probably more educated on being a mother than I am...she has read every "What to expect" book out there, and now she is reading all she can on what to expect with a "Preemie Baby". She watches over Korbyn and spends all of her time with him, she even got to change his diaper and from what I heard was a PRO!
And Jeremy is a wonderful husband and father, he is taking good care of Debbie and helping her recoup and spends a majority of his time in the NICU with his new son holding his hand and comforting him. We are all so proud of them and want them to know how wonderful they are and how special Korbyn is. I hate being away and feel like I need to do more...so if all of you could just keep Debbie and her family in your prayers I know that will help out alot! I have never doubted the power of prayer and I know it can work miracles!!

12 comments:

Marnie said...

Wow! What a tiny baby. We will be praying for Debbie and Korbyn and their little family. I'm sure that is so hard to see your new little baby requiring so much medical intervention. Tell them they are loved and they'll pull through!

Jerlyn said...

He is definitely in our prayers. It reminds me of Hayden being in the NICU, and yes, I am still very grateful to you and JD for being there with me and Thomas. We are eternally indebted. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nancy said...

Holy smokes!First of all how tiny and second what a miracle and third what a cute name(jsut a reminder that is the name of my son except we spell it Corbin) Tell Debbie congrats and we hope and pray that everything will be ok. Keep us up to date on how things go. :)

Starr Phippen said...

Hi Cassie! I was snooping on blogspot to see who else is cool and blogging like me and I found you! I love the pics of Debbie's little blessing! I'll pray for them !

Nat said...

That picture with his tiny hand holding that huge finger is so precious, it made me cry. You are all in our prayers.

Abby Runyan said...

I will keep them in my prayers. Life is so scary good thing we have the gospel and know the power of prayer. Tell Debbie we love her and are praying for her sweet little family. Please keep us posted

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is so tiny. What a sweet, little miracle. I will keep Sacha and her baby in my prayers. Nat was working when Debbie was there and was able to be with her and help out. I thought that was neat. Keep us posted!!

Brittney Smith said...

Oh my goodness, he is so little. I hope all is going well. What a miracle baby!

harmon family said...

Tell Debbie Congrats. What a miracle. The 13th is Olivia's birthday too. Cute babies are born on that day.

Jade said...

He is SOOOO little tiny! I hadn't realized any of that was going on. How is he now?? I hope all is well. I will remember them in my prayers!

Jade said...

He is SOOOO little tiny! I hadn't realized any of that was going on. How is he now?? I hope all is well. I will remember them in my prayers!