Sunday, March 30, 2008

Coby's turns 3



On March 22, 2008 my Coby Jay turned 3...I can't believe how quickly time is flying by! Coby has been my "Challenge" in life...and I mean that in a good way, because he is my challenge I have learned and grown as a mother because of this spirited child. Here is a few of the things I have learned.
Lesson 1: Never ever take your new born out of the house, or to public places before they are 4 weeks.
This one I learned the hard way, when he was 3 weeks old he was hospitalized for 5 days with a respiratory problem. His oxygen level was very low and had a temperature of 102.0! I remember thinking how much I loved this little boy, and what would I do if I lost him! I would have gladly taken his place if I could...I felt so helpless, but Coby knew I was there for him, I held him most of his stay at the hospital; he slept in my arms at night and during the day. For me that was my initiatory into mother-hood...I think I passed!
Lesson 2: Be careful what you pray for...
I would always pray for 'PATIENCE'...and Coby is definitely teaching me this, he is soooo STUBBORN!!! I blame that on his daddy...sorry honey...but you know it's true!
Lesson 3: Be silly and laugh
This little boy knows how to get to me...if he gets in trouble and I have to be firm with him...he just gives me the smile he knows I can't resist and laughs. Then I remember he's 2 (at the time he taught me this lesson he was) and he won't be this age forever...so get over it...smile and laugh :)
Lesson 4: Never leave scissors in a child's reach
I don't think I need to give you an example of how I learned this lesson!
Lesson 5: They say things they don't mean...don't let it get to you.
Did Coby turn 3 or 13? On his birthday I was trying to do everything I could to make this day special for him...balloons, decorations, cake, presents, the whole shabang! Well, while I was trying to get a few things done with out the boys getting in my way I told them to go upstairs and play...Coby was not having it...so I told him again with a more firm tone, as he walked away he said "I hate MOMMY"...I couldn't believe it! I knew this day would come but I didn't think it would come so soon and at 3? I was crushed...did he not realize that I was doing all of this for him? Of course not he's 3!!! He got a scolding from his daddy and we made up, but later that night while I was putting him to bed he said..."Mommy I love you, I want to give you loves"!
We all say things we don't mean...I have learned to leave the room and count to 10 before I make this mistake.

I'm sure I could list a few more lesson's but this post is getting a little long! We are so lucky to have Coby in our family, he makes life entertaining and interesting! We learn so much from this little guy and are so grateful for him and the sweet spirit he brings into our home. Happy Birthday my Coby Jay...we love you.

12 comments:

Jerlyn said...

Happy Birthday, Coby! We love you! I'm glad to see your blogging again, Cassie. Did you get your camera fixed? Tell Coby we love him!

Jodi Davis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COBY!! I know that it is WAY late, I am a terrible aunt--sorry, Coby!
You are such a fun mom, Cassie! It looks like you all had a lot of fun.
Oh, the lessons we learn from our 2year olds. I need to learn to be more patient with my kiddos that is for sure.

Jodi Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow- he's already 3? Crazy. Your birthday table looks great! Isn't it amazing what these little kids teach us? You are such a cute mom to your boys. I hope Coby had a fun bday!

Becky said...

that is SUCH an awesome picture you got of the boys CRACKING up laughing at the end of your post! SO SO SO CUTE! your parties always look SO fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party. What a good Mom you are!

Mistie said...

O.K., I need Chris to print ME up a family calendar. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Coby!!! It looks like you guys had a great time celebrating your birthday! Hugs and kisses from your aunt Mistie! You're a great mom, Cassie!

Nat said...

Happy birhday Coby! Thanks to Coby, I now have a new motto, "Get over it, smile and laugh". He is so cute and screams Davis to me! What a cute post.

Nancy said...

Holy smokes I don't believe Coby is 3. He is so cute,and I understand and can relate with what you mean by "a trail of patience". That was Sam and yes she can be stubborn, but she can coem a long way and is starting to get it.

Miss M said...

Coby is great!! Happy belated b-day.
The Hills

Marnie said...

Cassie your boys have got so much Davis in them! I love it! What a cute post and tribute to Coby! I know you're a great mom Cassie.

sara said...

Cassie! I love this post and reading all the lessons you've learned w/ your #2. And I am believing there is something to the whole birth order thing because my #2 sounds SO similar! (especially with when you're trying so hard to be firm with them, but can't because they crack you up!)
I remember that scary time after you had him and being reminded of it again made my heart swell for you! So glad you got through that, and yes, you passed with shining colors!!
You're such a great Mom - and I'm having a hard time believing he is already T H R E E! :) ...which means my middle guy is coming up on his third. w o w.
miss ya.