Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Worlds Greatest Grandma and Papa!!!


Aren't Grandparents the greatest? My parents were nice enough to come up and keep me company while JD was off at an Endodontic retreat in Vancouver, Canada (ask JD why he didn't take his wonderful wife with him...I would really like to know)!
We had the best time!
Bryson has been dying to go camping in our "Forest" in the backyard...and the great mother that I am told him "Maybe we can go camping in a real forest someday, but not today" (someday meaning...not anytime soon).
So his wonderful Grandma and Papa suggested that we set up a tent in our backyard and pretend that we are in the forest! Why didn't I think of that...of course he's 4 pretending works with him!!
Bryson was jumping up and down with excitement...there was no turning back after that! Look at that nice tent...I bought that for JD for Christmas our first year of marriage...when my dad put it up it was still in the packaging!!! It's about time someone used it!!! I volunteered to sleep inside with Tanner...hehehe!!
My mom and dad slept out in that tent with the boys all night...I thought for sure they would be stumbling into the house in the middle of the night...but I was wrong they made it all the way until morning!! I think the boys slept well...but my parents looked exhausted! My mom recalls my dad saying..."Will this night ever end?". I had to laugh...since that was probably the best night sleep I have ever had!!! Thanks mom and dad...I needed it;)

My Mom wanted to make sure that Bryson had the FULL camping experience so she went and bought a fire pit so that we could roast hot dogs and make "smores"...isn't she the greatest...I have such a cool mom!!

I love this picture, these two had the greatest time together...can't you just hear them laughing?

Coby was the cutest little camper...he brought his "computer with him"...(he gets that from his dad)he cracks me up!! I love this picture with Coby and his Papa...he loves his Papa!! "Oh MOM...no more pictures"...Coby was sick of me taking his picture...but when your that cute I just can't help myself!

Thanks mom and dad for giving my boys the "TIME OF THEIR LIVES". You guys are the greatest! We love you...and miss you already! Thanks for Everything!


I noticed that I had no pictures of Tanner in this post so I had to add these. I'm not quite sure what Tanner was doing, you hardly ever see this kid lying down! But this is the smile he gave me...isn't he the cutest thing? I love his little personality!

14 comments:

Ras Family said...

What fun!!! They are GREAT Grandparents for doing that!! It looks that you guys had wonderful time!

Jerlyn said...

How fun! I love the picture of Bryson and Grandma Starr. What fun grandparents they are! I love the pictures. We can't wait to come see you. Love you guys!

Jodi Davis said...

How fun is that?! They are such wonderful grandparents!! I am sure the boys thought that was the coolest thing ever. How are you ever going to top that?

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love Starr and Bru-ha!! They really are the greatest. I miss seeing them whenever I go to my parent's house. That's so cute that they created a camping experience for the boys! You can tell in the pics that the boys LOVED it. Glad they kept you company while JD was gone. Yeah, why didn't he take you????

Marnie said...

Leave it to Starr and Bruce to bring the party! So fun to see their picture. I miss old 45th. I LOVED the old days of setting up the tent in the backyard. What a blast!

Brittney Smith said...

Bro. Boushley told us all about your parents camping trip at your house. Looks like everyone had a great time!

Jade said...

your boys are sooo stinkin cute!! your mom and dad look good. I haven't seen them forever! it sounds like they are amazing grandparents, and that doesn't surprise me at all!! Cute family!

Jacque said...

I enjoy reading about you and keeping up with your lives! My sis-in-law was at that same conference in Vancouver. She's from Sequim, WA.
Hey, I have overnights in San Antonio, occasionally and would love to get together for dinner sometime! Are you close to the airport??
-Jacque (Donn)

Nat said...

Of course Starr went and bought a fire pit. Your mom is amazing and so talented at making everything special! That looks like so much fun. The Simonton boys are lucky to have such fun grandparents (and there mom's pretty cool too!!)

sara said...

Cassie!
That is so nice they came out to visit! How FUN!! I love all the pictures - your boys don't look like they could've had a better time!!
Fun memories.

Lana and Terry said...

Oh my gosh! The cutest pics of your boys and your parents. Darn your parents for moving -- I miss them ALOT!! Remember Lake Powell and how your Mom always took all the extra props for a theme dinner. The Hawaii theme was so-o-o-o-o fun. And of course your Dad always kept the wave runners fixed and running! They are GREAT!!

Lana and Terry said...

Oh my gosh! The cutest pics of your boys and your parents. Darn your parents for moving -- I miss them ALOT!! Remember Lake Powell and how your Mom always took all the extra props for a theme dinner. The Hawaii theme was so-o-o-o-o fun. And of course your Dad always kept the wave runners fixed and running! They are GREAT!!

harmon family said...

Looks like fun. My NOah is sitting on my lap as I look at your blog and he says "oh, those are my friends" I think that is his way of saying that he wants to play with them. Next time you come in town we should all get together and introduce our kids.

Heather said...

How fun! Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my parents sometimes. They keep things so fun & exciting. :) Good to see things are going well for your family. Thanks for the advice for our trip. I'll keep you posted.