Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Have I totally lost my MIND??

We have a new addition to our family...meet MAX!
We took him in on a trial basis for the weekend and the kids ended up falling in love with him! I have to admit he is a really good dog. He will fetch a ball all day long (I'm not kidding ALL DAY...my arm is still sore). He already knows a few commands like sit and stay. And the best part...he knows his place is OUTSIDE!!

The boys are so excited to finally have a dog...and JD even seems to like him too ;)Bryson and Coby are in charge of feeding Max and picking up any doggy poops in the back yard(with a shovel)!! They haven't complained once...I think they are probably still "AWH" struck about getting a dog that everything about him is fun and exciting (even cleaning up his poops;)! I just wonder if I have taken on more than I can handle...hopefully the boys continue to help with Max and we will all live "Happily Ever After"!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you live in Texas because if you lived here, I would not come over anymore. Yep, still afraid! Maybe leave him there when or if you move back. Alright, he's kinda cute. I'm sure your boys are loving it! Griff would.

sara said...

Yes- You have lost your mind! :) But he is an outside dog -NOT BAD! How fun for your boys!! I was laughing at the 'trial run' -NO turning back w/ kids after bringing a dog home!! :) Good luck -it will be great.

Jerlyn said...

Welcome to the world of pets. So, have you found a babysitter yet for Christmas. Oh the joys! But, it is tons of fun! Congrats!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow! Good for you. My kids are scared to death of dogs. Jersi starts freaking out and jumping all over me to pick her up. I'm going to have to get her to get used to it.