Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!!

This year we decided to carry on the Davis family tradition and go to a Turkey Trot, but since we had no one to go and support I actually had to step up to the plate and run in the Turkey Trot!








(that's me in the front with all the "serious" runners...they kicked me to the back were I belong after my picture was taken)
(this is Coby giving me some advice before my big run...he is so funny!)

And were off!!!

It was a really nice run, I enjoyed running through the beautiful park, I saw a few deer and the weather was PERFECT! But the best part about it was running to the finish line and seeing my "CHEER SQUAD" on the side lines!!! Their faces were priceless, you would have thought I was running in the Olympics!
After that we headed home to start cooking....and when I say "we" you all know I mean "ME"..right?

My master piece...this had to of been the "BEST" turkey I have ever had...not to toot my own horn but seriously it was FANTASTIC!!!! The secret is to brine your turkey...it makes it so moist and juicy! DELISIOUSO












When it finally came time to sit down and eat Bryson said "WOW Mom this is a FEAST!"
I'm so glad he called it that since "dinner" doesn't take two days to prepare!!

It was so nice to just sit down with our "little" family and laugh, and talk. My favorite part of dinner was when we all said something that we were grateful for, Coby was thankful for Mommy,Daddy, brother, and Tanner. Bryson was grateful for his family. And Tanner I'm sure was thankful for his family too and the FOOD...that kid is always eating! What a wonderful holiday to be able to sit and reflect on all the blessings we have in our lives. We really are so blessed and I am so thankful for my sweet little family.
(Bryson wanted to take our picture...after a few tries he finally got a picture with our heads in the phrame;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you weren't here so we could've run the Turkey Trot together!! I saw your fam at the trot. Misty and Matt ran it and did so good! I saw Troy at the front before the race. It's always fun to see the Davis fam. Your running pics are cool! Ok, that turkey looks like it's right out of a magazine. Perfect! You'll have to share your secrets with me. Your table setting is so cute! Glad you had a fun day!

Abby Runyan said...

WOW!! I'm impressed. First a run and then cooking your own turkey and it turning out.!!! SO fun.

Jerlyn said...

We missed you guys! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Judd Family said...

What a fun Thanksgiving you had!!! I am impressed that you cooked a turkey by yourself for just your family!! I haven't ever made one without my mom! I guess I am a wimp! I am way impressed that you did the turkey trot! I think you might just be wonder woman--being mom to three kids, chef, for a feast and running all in one day.

Anonymous said...

completely impressed that you cooked a Thanksgiving meal by yourself. Looks like it was a perfect day.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

I would have love to see you run in the turkey trot! Looks like you had an awesome Thanksgiving. Congrats on the turkey, it looked beautiful. Now I know who to call if I ever have to do it myself. I love the last picture!

Jade said...

Too cute!! your very photogenic!! Your Thanksgiving day looked like a great one! It's so nice that you went all out and made Thanksgiving food for your family!! I am sure that they all really appreciated it! It's kinda fun to do, huh?

sara said...

Cassie! I love it! How fun you got to run and have your own cheering section!! And your dinner!!!! Delicious-o!!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!!!! I love that pic of you and JD!!

Nat said...

I don't even know what brine is, but I know I want to do it. What a fun day. You and JD look so cute in that picture!!

harmon family said...

I am so proud to have a friend who is so talented. So you must have got your MOm's cooking skills...you suck. I don't know if I will ever get there:)