Monday, September 1, 2008

Kindergarten




Bryson's first day of KINDERGARTEN...I was filled with several different emotions...I was sad that he was getting so big and was ready to start Elementary School, I was excited that he was going to learn new things, people, and "hopefully" new friends, I was nervous because I wasn't going to be with him to make sure that no one was mean to my sweet Bryson,and I was worried about the things he would learn from his new friends!! But when it came time to drop him off I couldn't help but be enthusiastic...Bryson was practically bouncing off the walls!
So when the time came to leave my little boy behind to start this new journey alone I walked away with a smile...no tears... I was a little concerned about that fact...why didn't I cry...am I a horrible mom? Shouldn't I be a wreck right now and someone telling me it's going to be "OK...He'll be fine"! I guess I was prepared...we had talked about this day for a L-O-N-G time and now that it was FINALLY here I was just so excited for him...I wasn't going to ruin his first day! All in all he had a great day and he survived no kids picked on him (so I don't have to go and put the "FEAR" into some 5 yr. old:)he made new friends although he can't remember any of their names (he gets that from me...if everyone would just wear name tags all the time that would really help me out)and he got to play on the "cool" new playground...but when I asked him if he wanted to go again tomorrow he said "No...I'm good"!! (Yeah...he likes hanging out with me better than SCHOOL...I am a fun mom;) I guess he didn't realize that this was not a one time deal!
(I think this picture is sweet of Coby watching his brother going off to Kindergarten:)

13 comments:

Becky said...

shut up! bryson is NOT in Kindergarten that is crazy! You ARE a great mom! I dont think i could have hid the tears and worry! (thank heavens for big dark sunglasses)I love the picture of coby watching his brother walk away to class. so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

No worries I didn't cry when Amber went to Kindergarten either, and I thought the same thing. But last year was only half day, this year- first grade is all day and I get nervous- but mostly cause of her medical needs. I love reading your blog! You guys are great! Take care

Anonymous said...

Bryson looks so cute in his first day of school outfit! Good job on the no tears. I'm sure it made it easier since he was so excited. Is it all day or half day? Yay that Sa-cha has a blog now!!

Kristin said...

Hurray for you and Bryson being so brave! Mason starts on Thursday and I hope I am able to keep it together. Him going to kindergarten...no biggie. Riding the bus (gasp) a whole different story :)

Jerlyn said...

Bryson, we are so excited for you. I hope you have so much fun. I love your cute new clothes. Call and tell us all about school. We love you!

Jennifer Kremer Oliva said...

you dont know me.. but i love your background on your blog - where can i get it?

Marnie said...

Congrats to Bryson! What a big day for the both of you. There's no turning back now----school from here on out, buddy! :)

Chelsea said...

That's cute that he was so excited. And you are a fun mom! He looks pretty handsome! Is Coby holding up? Well, we miss you guys!

mattis0n said...

I was just blogging and happened to come across your!! Your kids are so cute and old. Hope all is going well.
Dawn (Rogers) Mattison

Jodi Davis said...

Our babies are growing up Cassie. It is so sad. Brooklyn said the same thing after the first day, but she hasn't said it again since. She absolutely LOVES going to school everyday. I am sure Bryson will too--he has too much of his daddy in him not to. We love you guys and we will be thinking about you while we are in CHINA--we leave in the morning!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Hey Cassie!!! I love being able to "re-connect" with my old "roomies"!!!!! Wasn't raintree the best!! Moving the couches and trying to decorate!! Well....I was happy and smiling when you said you KNEW I would marry my missionary!!! Yes I did. I better have hu, all that time not dating up there!! Well, it's great to see you doing so good. So my son has the same shirt as the one your son is wearing!! And you are not a terrible mom for not crying....I WAS SOOO HAPPY when my oldest went to kindergarten. And now first grade and being gone even longer is even better lol!!!

sara said...

Cassie! KINDERGARTEN! Oh, how fun, crazy, exciting, and sad all rolled into one!
Cute. I know you're a fun Mom!!!

sara said...

p.s. I'm pretty sure I won't shed a tear when Bodie goes next year... at least I don't expect to! -He's Mr. Independent. I've gotten used to it!