Monday, February 2, 2009

I still can't believe it


Can you see the panic on both of our faces?
When Bryson discovered that his tooth was lose it was all he would talk about for weeks. He told all his friends at school, and called his grandparents to tell them about some very "EXCITING" news. He asked me questions about what it was like when I was his age and lost my first tooth, what it felt like, if it bled, and how much did the tooth fairy bring me (he was most curious about that question). But when his dad (being the Dentist that he is) tried to EXTRACT the tooth, Bryson and I both decided we weren't ready!!!
So after about a week he finally decided it was time...but on his terms. We had read a book together about a boy in the 1st grade who wanted to lose a tooth and one of the ways he came up with was taking some string and tying it to the tooth and then taking the other end and tie it to a door knob then slam the door shut to pull out the tooth. In the book this scheme was unsuccessful and I think Bryson was expecting the same...so when his tooth actually came out I think he was in disbelief that it had actually worked! I think we all were!!

P.S.
The tooth fairy did visit and brought Bryson a one dollar bill in exchange for his tooth! He was so excited!

11 comments:

Mary Taylor said...

That video is so funny! He didn't even flinch what a tough kid! You look great by the way :)

Miss M said...

I still can't help laughing at his expression. That is the funniest thing.

Anonymous said...

that was fantastic! I watched it twice. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That's a great video! I can't believe you actually did the string and door method. I guess it really does work! He didn't even cry. What a stud!!

Chelsea said...

That was awesome! Whatta kid! That's fun that you got it on video. Thanks for sharing!

Shanda said...

Okay I am still laughing so hard. I am so impressed by how well he handled the whole thing. I would have been crying. He's one tough boy! Was this the Family Home Evening activity? I love the look on his face! What a fun video!

Judd Family said...

Every tooth that gets loose is drama--I thought it would end with the first! Kara would LOVE to have a loose tooth but hasn't yet. But then, she isn't sure that the tooth fairy is real (she asked Andrea how she knew it wasn't just mom and dad)! Congrats to Bryson (and mom)!

harmon family said...

Tried the string and door thing, but my kids wouldn't even let me get close enough to tie the string on. We end up using the "eating hard food" method. YOu have a very brave and tough boy:)

Matt and Jen said...

that's awesome! hope things are going well...

sara said...

i still can't believe you haven't posted anything in FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Nat said...

I was on pins and needles watching as you tied the tooth up thinking I can't watch this, then wammo, no pain, no tears, it came out so easily, Way to go Bryson!!