Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh MAN!!!!


So as some of you may know I have been trying to get ready for a Half Marathon here in San Antonio on Oct. 11Th! But a few weeks ago after a run my right ankle swelled up and I had a little bit of discomfort. So finally after 2 weeks of icing my ankle and taking IB pro fen with no change I went to the Doctor. After an X-ray and an MRI he concluded that I had a "Stress Fracture" on my heel!!! Seriously...that just sucks!!! Doesn't getting old just stink? So the end result is I have to wear a fancy looking "BOOT" on my foot for at least 3 weeks, and no running! So this Half Marathon that I have been training for is out. I'm totally bumbed! Hopefully my foot will heal quickly and I will be able to train again for another Marathon..."HALF a Marathon" that is!!!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Rats! I hate it when my 'old' body gets in the way of doing the things I really want to do!! Feel better...

Anonymous said...

That sucks! Good for you for wanting to run a half marathon! I hate when injuries get in the way. Just make sure you give it some good rest so it will heal quickly. We should run a half marathon together! I'm planning on running one in 3 weeks. And another one at the end of January. You should come and we'll do it together!! Good luck with the foot. Feel better soon!

Miss M said...

CASSIE!!! I didn't see you wearing your fancy boot tonight! tsk, tsk, tsk. Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your half marathon delay and training injury. If it makes you feel any better, chasing your boys all day is a little over what you would run in a half marathon.

I can't believe I have to read your blog to find out things like this. I'm a bad friend.

Anonymous said...

thanks stinks bad! Ever so impressed of your training to run a half marathon though. Nice work. Hope you recover quickly :)

Anonymous said...

thanks stinks bad! Ever so impressed of your training to run a half marathon though. Nice work. Hope you recover quickly :)

Jerlyn said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon! Bummer about the half marathon. Hope you are up again and feel great soon!

Judd Family said...

I am so impressed you were even training for a half marathon--you''ll get there next time though! I hope your foot heals fast. We just threw my boot away after lugging it around for over 8 years! Mine was bright blue--I'd love to see a picture of yours.

sara said...

c
r
a
p
!

ouch- that's got to hurt! I hope it heals quickly -that is such a bummer!!!!

Marnie said...

Ouch! Not fun. Hope it feels better quickly!